Perfect Pumpkin Soup
Cooking with Collette, Season 1, Episode 25
Fall in love with this soup! Chef Collette Haw makes the best fall favorite, perfect pumpkin soup. Perfect for warming up on a cold night or simply using as a side dish for that family dinner.
Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen is open to the public and is located at the Center for Health & Wellbeing in Winter Park, FL. You can view the menu and place an order for pick-up at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery is also available via the DoorDash app.
3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, micro planed
½ cup dry white wine
3 cups pumpkin puree
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped (plus more for garnish)
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
pinch of hungarian hot paprika
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup milk
toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
greek yogurt, sour cream or crème fraiche for garnish
1. Preheat a medium sized stock pot on the stove. Once the pot is preheated place the oil, onions, and garlic in and sweat them until translucent.
2. Once the onions and garlic are translucent add the white wine and allow the wine to reduce by half.
3. After the wine has reduced add the pumpkin puree, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, paprika, chicken stock, and milk.
4. Allow those ingredients to come to a simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes to let all the flavors marry together.
5. Puree the mixture with a stick blender until smooth.
6. Portion up and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, and a dollop of sour cream! Enjoy!
To watch LIVE every week be sure to follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook.