Cooking with Collette, Season 1, Episode 15
This isn’t your typical salad loaded with peaches, tomato, ricotta cheese and french bread it’ll leave you feeling fuller longer. This panzanella salad is the perfect lunch or appetizer for family dinner.
View the menu and place an order for pickup at Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen at the Center for Health & Wellbeing at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery options are also available! Be sure to follow Nourish on Facebook for the café’s latest menu offerings, specials and more.
*Serves 6 people
½ loaf french baguette, torn into pieces
2 peaches, sliced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 hass avocado, diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
10 basil leaves, chiffonade
1 shallot, thinly sliced
¼ cup sherry vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, microplained
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup ricotta
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325°F, while the oven is preheating tear the baguette into 1-inch sized pieces. Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until crispy. Take out of the oven and allow to cool while making the salad.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the peaches, tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, scallions, and basil leaves, toss gently and set aside.
3. In a separate smaller mixing bowl add the shallot, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic clove and whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in olive oil to form an emulsion.
4. Pour the vinaigrette over the peach mixture and add the French bread.
Season the salad with salt and pepper then gently toss to coat everything in the salad.
5. Place your salad on a serving dish and top with ricotta cheese. Serve and Enjoy!
To watch LIVE every week be sure to follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook.