Green Bean, Fennel & Farro Salad
Cooking with Collette, Season 1, Episode 3
Welcome to Cooking with Collette, the Wellbeing Network‘s twice-weekly Live cooking show hosted by Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen chef Collette Haw.
View the menu and place an order for pickup at Nourish at the Center for Health & Wellbeing at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery options are also available! Be sure to follow Nourish on Facebook for the café’s latest menu offerings, specials and more.
1 cup farro, cooked
½ lbs French green beans, blanched
2 large shallots, sliced
4 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves micro planed
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup toasted hazelnuts
½ cup ripe sliced strawberries
½ fennel bulb, shaved
2 oz goat cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
¼ tsp tarragon
1. Before you start the recipe make the farro according to the package, and cool.
2. In a medium stock pot bring water to a boil, once the water is at a boil add salt and blanch the green beans, and shock in ice cold water.
3. In a mixing bowl add the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sliced shallots, and garlic. Let the garlic and shallots marinate in the vinegar for about 5 minutes then whisk in the olive oil.
4. In a separate medium sized mixing bowl add the cooked farro, blanch green beans, toasted hazelnuts, sliced strawberries, shaved fennel, chopped parsley, and tarragon. Add the vinaigrette that you just made and gently toss all of the ingredients together until everything is coated by the vinaigrette.
5. Place in the salad in a serving bowl and garnish with the goat cheese.
To watch LIVE every week be sure to follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook.