The Winter Park Health Foundation is building a brand new $9 million facility for the Peggy & Philip B. Crosby Wellness Center.
On the first floor of the new Center, Crosby members will have fresh, modern locker rooms for men and women including saunas in each; and four private mini-locker rooms for those who need assistance from others to change, shower, etc. In addition, the Crosby Natatorium is located on the first floor with TWO pools – one dedicated to lap swimming and one (with warmer water) for aquatics classes, swim lessons, etc.
Upstairs (and yes, there is an elevator in the new facility along with stairs!), will be the fitness floor with new equipment and TWO group exercise rooms.
The total square footage dedicated to the aforementioned features is greater than what existed in the original Crosby Wellness Center. In its new home, the Children’s Wellness Center (including child care), the walking track, and conference rooms will be located adjacent to the new Crosby Wellness Center, accessible to members and others using other services offered within the Center for Health & Wellbeing.
In the Center for Health & Wellbeing, the Crosby Wellness Center will be surrounded by other features Crosby members can enjoy…all in one convenient location:
- The Commons – the welcoming hub of the Center with comfortable seating for socializing with friends
- A healthy café with indoor and outdoor seating
- Nutrition Theatre offering healthy cooking demonstrations and classes
- Conference Center hosting presentations on health and wellness topics
- Children’s Wellness Center providing child care and programs (including an outdoor play space)
- Physicians and other healthcare providers focused on prevention and lifestyle medicine
- Massage, acupuncture and other integrated health services
- Florida Hospital Sports Medicine and Rehab (physical therapy adjoining the Crosby Wellness Center fitness area)
- Lab services
- An extra-wide walking/jogging path around the perimeter of the site (wide enough for strollers, walker, wheelchairs, and easy passing)
- Outdoor seating throughout the 4.2 acre site, with six distinct garden areas to calm your mind or stimulate your senses.
- Plenty of free garage parking and covered walkway to main entrance
- Bike parking throughout the site and bike lockers in the parking garage
- WiFi throughout – inside and outdoors