Creamy Corn & Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta
Welcome to Cooking with Collette, the Wellbeing Network‘s twice-weekly Live cooking show hosted by Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen chef Collette Haw.
View the menu and place an order for pickup at Nourish at the Center for Health & Wellbeing at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery options are also available! Be sure to follow Nourish on Facebook for the café’s latest menu offerings, specials and more.
1 16 oz package egg pappardelle pasta
1 bunch scallions
4 ears of corn, shucked & kernels taken off the cobb
2 shallots, thinly sliced
salt & freshly cracked black pepper
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup basil, torn or chiffonade
¼ cup chives diced small
4 cloves garlic micro planed
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1 lemon zested
1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, strained
5 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
¼ cup light coconut milk
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once the pot is at a rolling boil salt the water with a good handful of kosher salt.
2. In a separate sauté pan heat on medium eat add 1 tbsp butter and gently sauté the corn kernels, garlic, and shallots until it becomes aromatic. Once aromatic add the fire roasted diced tomatoes. Turn the heat to low.
3. Once you turn the heat to low, it is now time to add the pasta to the boiling pasta water. Cook the pasta al’ dente and per the packaging instructions.
4. While the pasta is cooking slowly whisk in 1 cup of pasta water and the coconut milk, then the rest of the butter one tablespoon at a time. Once you’ve whisked the butter in add the pinch of red pepper flakes, and a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Add the cooked pasta right to the sauce and begin to gently fold together with the parmesan cheese. While you are folding the pasta with the sauce and cheese add the lemon zest, chives, basil and scallions.
To watch LIVE every week be sure to follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook.