Cooking with Collette: Christmas Special
Cooking with Collette
We’re jingling all the way to the Nutrition Theatre at the Center for Health & Wellbeing for Chef Collette’s latest Holiday Cooking Special. Watch as Chef Haw of Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen creates healthy and delicious recipes sure to thrill your family during this most wonderful time of the year, no fruit cakes in sight.
Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen is open to the public and is located at the Center for Health & Wellbeing in Winter Park, FL. You can view the menu and place an order for pick-up at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery is also available via the DoorDash app.
Herbed Cheese Spread Appetizer (starts at 00:23)
- 8 oz Borsin Cheese (Any flavor)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp sage chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds or pinenuts
- Whip the borsin cheese, cream cheese, parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once all those ingredients are whipped together form into a ball and cover with the toasted nuts.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Light Egg Nog (starts at 05:43)
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for topping
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a blender, add the unsweetened almond milk, egg yolks, raw honey, ground nutmeg, and ground cinnamon, and then blend for a minute or so until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a sauce pan or deep pot, add the whole cloves, and heat over medium heat.
- Cook the eggnog for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken and slowly cook the eggs. It will be frothy at first.
- We want the mixture to get hot, but not simmer or boil. If it gets close to boiling, you can whisk vigorously and temporarily remove from the heat.
- Once the eggnog has thickened, turn off the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Strain the mixture to remove the cloves, then pour into an airtight container and place in the fridge to chill for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, we love to sprinkle with a little nutmeg and cinnamon.
Rosemary and Cinnamon Glazed Ham (starts at 10:16)
- 5-pound ham
- 2 tbsp of rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 orange zested
- 2 oranges juiced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the rosemary, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, orange zest and juice
- Coat the ham with the mixture all over and place in the preheated oven.
- Baked until the ham is warmed through.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin (starts at 16:14)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 3 cups milk (any milk of your choosing)
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- Freshly grated pepper and kosher salt
- First cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Next week are going to make a bechamel sauce, in a medium sized pot heat the olive oil, and add the flour. Cook until the mixture is golden brown.
- Once the roux is golden brown slowly whisk in the milk to create sauce, put in the nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes, whisk in gruyere cheese.
- Stir in the florets and place in baking dish.
- Bake until the broccoli and cauliflower are tender and the top is golden brown.
Roasted Squash with Whipped Goat Cheese and Cranberries (starts at 26:33)
- 1 large butternut squash, cut into 6 to 7 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 container borsen cheese
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup roasted pepitas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat the butternut squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, roast in the oven until the squash is golden brown and tender.
- In a small sauce pan put the cranberries, maple syrup, and orange juice on low heat and allow to simmer until the cranberries are tender
- Once the butternut squash is done place on a serving tray, top with cooked cranberries, dollops of borsin cheese, and garnish with roasted pepitas.
- Serve and enjoy!