Cooking with Collette, Season 1, Episode 22
Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen’s Chef Collette shows us how to make this yummy fall dessert that is perfect for a nice fall or winter evening.
Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen is open to the public and is located at the Center for Health & Wellbeing in Winter Park, FL. You can view the menu and place an order for pick-up at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery is also available via the DoorDash app.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/8 cup granulated sugar
¼ tea kosher salt
¼ pound very cold unsalted butter, cubed
1/8 tea pumpkin pie spice
About 2 tbsp ice cold water
1.5 pounds apples, peeled & sliced
1 lemon zested
¼ cup dried tart cherries
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ tea salt
¼ tea ground cinnamon
1/8 tea ground nutmeg
1/8 tea cloves
4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
1. Pulse all the crust ingredients in a food processor until the dough comes together. Wrap in plastic and refrigerated for about 20 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl add your sliced apples, lemon zest, tart cherries, and chopped walnuts. Fold all together.
3. In the food processor add the flour, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and unsalted butter. Pulse to make the crumbles.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Roll out dough as evenly as you can and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, evenly spread the apple mixture inside the dough leaving some space around the edges to crimp up.
5. Sprinkle the topping mixture all over, crimp the sides up and bake for 20-25 minutes
To watch LIVE every week be sure to follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook.