Aloha Turkey Burgers
Welcome to Cooking with Collette, the Wellbeing Network’s twice-weekly Live cooking show hosted by Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen chef Collette Haw.
View the menu and place an order for pickup at Nourish at the Center for Health & Wellbeing at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery options are also available! Be sure to follow Nourish on Facebook for the café’s latest menu offerings, specials and more.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
¼ cup tamari
2 tbsp honey
¼ tsp fresh grated ginger
2 garlic cloves microplained
¾ tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of red pepper flakes
½ cup water
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Place all the ingredients except the water and cornstarch in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. While the ingredients are coming to a simmer whisk the water and cornstarch together, when the sauce is at a simmer whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture (called a slurry) to the sauce. Bring back to a simmer and you are ready to serve it!
Turkey Patty (Serves 4)
1 lbs Ground Turkey Breast
½ bunch scallions sliced
¼ cup cilantro chopped
1 red pepper, grilled & chopped
1 tbsp tamari
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 slices of fresh pineapple
4 tbsp homemade teriyaki sauce
1. Mix the 1 pound of turkey breast, ½ bunch of sliced scallions, ¼ cup of chopped cilantro, 1 grilled red pepper, and 1 tbsp tamari in a mixing bowl. Mix all together until well incorporated. Form into 4 patties.
2. Preheat grill on medium high heat and allow to get fully preheated before grilling. Place the 4 burgers on the grill.
3. While you are grilling the turkey burgers patties, grill the pineapple slices as well until you have golden brown grill marks. Grill the turkey burgers until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
4. Take the turkey burgers off the grill once they reach the proper temperature, place 1 slice of pineapple on the top of each burger and drizzle 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce on each burger.
To watch LIVE every week be sure to follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook.